Friday, July 31, 2009

Dirt Happens

We've had some rain off and on all week long here with some severe thunder storms. We even had a local young woman hit by lightening in the valley last weekend.... she actually survived... with severe burns to her feet and her hand though.

Spencer's been having a ball playing outside almost everyday. Yesterday he was out in the sandy driveway playing in a bucket of mud. This photo was taken after dunking his face in the muddy water of the pail.... GROSS! When I finished bathing him in the tub, there was literally no white layer at the bottom of the bathtub... it was all sand!


We ventured off to Calgary last week to return something we had bought and had an opportunity to rent a sailboat through the Glenmore Sailing Club... right in the middle of Calgary. The three of us got into one sailboat and when for an hour tour on the little lake. It was fun! Everyone enjoyed it. I didn't take my camera down to the lake for fearing of getting it wet so I have no photos.

I have also found a job closer to home. I have become a "call in" employee for A&W for now and I'm now working for a pizza shop in town. I start my first official day tomorrow. It's literally down the hill and if I HAD to (*cough* yeah right!) I could walk to work from home. Should be interesting!

I received an exciting call from someone at the CHA show (Craft and Hobby Association) in Orlando on Wednesday for an AWESOME crafty opportunity. I can't share any details at the moment but I can say... I have waited 4 years of my scrapbooking "career" for this phone call and I can't believe it but IT CAME TRUE THIS WEEK!!

Hope everyone is doing well! Wish me luck in my new job tomorrow.

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear what your secret it. I have a couple of guesses. Whatever it is, I'm already happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooohhhhhh what a mysterious blog entry!!! lol. I'M WAITING!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo excited for you about you Secret!! Can't wait to hear what it is all about!!

    Chantel

    ReplyDelete