Sunday, December 19, 2010

A Sneak...

I came home last night from work to a little light on on the side of the new house! Yippee! We have electricity! Todd worked all afternoon yesterday and hooked it up. I can now at least switch on all the lights in the house.

As you can see, we now have lamp fixtures and stairs to the front door... much easier than climbing a ladder to get inside. Our screen doors have also been installed too.


Here's a glimpse of my kitchen. I got all new appliances and I think my counter tops (shades of grey) work well with the flooring and the appliances so I'm extremely happy with my choices there. The tile on the back splash tie in the colours on the walls.

This is looking towards the living room. As you can see, the driveway literally is right in front. I'm loving the light that streams into this room already. I also love the vaulted ceilings in the kitchen/living room. It makes the room feel much larger and open. The ceilings throughout the house have been done with a "popcorn" finish.

This is looking down the hallway from the front door.

Our bathroom. It's small but functional. The only thing I wish I had done was put a small window in the room to let in some natural light. We have a nice bathtub & shower just behind the door to the left.

When we decided on adding the patio doors to our floor plan, we also decided to put fixtures on either side. Eventually when the house is on its permanent foundation, it will be facing the green space and will be located high in the air. We will eventually build a deck over looking our lush backyard.


It's -20 today and the slight wind in the valley makes it feel extremely cold!

The plumber is due back tomorrow to finish off his job. All I have to say is that I better be able to at least turn on the furnace tomorrow afternoon and begin to slowly heat the house. Then once it's warm enough, we'll be able to run the water.

The building inspector is due on Wednesday. We'll know then if we're allowed to move in. Hopefully he'll give us our Occupancy Permit and the okay to move our belongings in. I just want to be at least somewhat living in the new house for Christmas. I really want to see my Christmas tree up in the corner of the living room. I need it to feel like Christmas!!! I just haven't had the spirit of Christmas due to all the stress of the house coming and all the issues we've had along with all that.

For those of you unable to view the video, you must actually view it on the blog. Click here to see it.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment