Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Swimming with the Fishes...


We stayed in North Vancouver... right underneath the Lions Gate Bridge.

We took a day to visit the Vancouver Aquarium.

One of my favourite exhibits was the jelly fish. Aren't they beautiful?


Here are a few more colourless ones...

We loved all the large underwater windows on some of the larger tanks. This one contained dolphins.

We took the opportunity to watch the Beluga Whale show while there. This was the "grandma" Beluga whale of the 3 in the tank. She was accompanied by her daughter and her grand daughter. I had seen her daughter as a baby the last time I was in Vancouver while in college.

My whale watchers...

This was the "melon" of the grandma whale... they're very clever animals!


We then proceeded towards Tsawwassen ferry to travel to Vancouver Island that afternoon.

On the ferry we had the fabulous opportunity to see not one, but TWO pods of wild Orca whales on our journey across the Strait of Georgia. I didn't have my camera so I didn't capture anything on film.

We arrived on the Island, took a short tour to Victoria where we stopped in for a quick visit with Uncle David. Didn't actually see him or Aunt Ann but we did chat it up with Hudson.

We hurried on and found a camp site to stay at in Sooke.
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures Ally. How lucky to see the whales too.

    ReplyDelete